Friday, December 03, 2004

Reservoir

The Fox and I had a nice little chat by the reservoir behind the Blackburn center.

In fact, it turned into a mouse-spotting event! There were tiny little mice crawling around in the restaurant and the worse part: they seemed right at home.

I had hard time studying today in the library. I was scared of being locked in the stacks since I didn't know what time they closed. On top of that, I was getting frustrated with the material. It was like trying to eat when you're not hungry--my brain just wasn't havin' that. But I'm going to take another stab at it tomorrow.

We went to teach the 4th graders this morning. They were very excited to see us as usual...but they were getting a little too comfortable. One of the kids kept calling me Ms. Sweeney...knowing that isn't my name. Another little girl, Kennedy, told me she was going to be as short as me when she grew up. At the end, two of the girls tucked their arms under mine like we were straight buddies. Andre came and looked me in my eye and told me he was taller than me. He's going to be a cutie someday but for now he better what it...But the kids really like us, though I'm not sure why. Sometimes we feel that the lessons are super-boring. But they seem to like them for the most part. Sometimes we have a hard time explaining it to them, too. But it's all good.

No comments: