Monday, September 19, 2005

Aspiring artist...

I often wonder if I am part of the problem, however, unknowingly. I write
what the editors want me to write. At this point in my career, I have no
choice. So I am a pawn in the bigger game. I do exactly as I'm told. I get a
pat on the back from my editor and colleagues.
Then I'm berated by the general public for getting it wrong. I didn't want to get it wrong.
There is no way I could have seen this coming. Quite frankly, I didn't think of
it and neither did my "brilliant" editors. It wasn't obvious to us.
But I am forced to go along with it-mainly because I don't pull any weight
yet. I know my day will come but how soon? I don't want to spend all this
time pleasing the higher authority and as a result mislead the public. You
may be thinking, well just stand up for what you believe. I would do that if
I knew better. But I almost feel as naïve and lied to as the audience who
reads my stories. I don't want to misinformed and then turn around and do
the same to others. I can't stand this mind game. I have too many years
ahead of me and would hate to spend even a year tarnishing my name and
reputation so early in my life.

No comments: