Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Good Conversation

Have you ever had a great conversation that lasts for hours but feels like mere minutes?!? I was fortunate to have one of those yesterday. And the fact that it was unplanned, spontaneous and unexpected made it even more special.
It made me wonder though: Is it possible to feel that way about conversing with God? I take that back. I know it's possible but is it possible for me to feel the same way when it comes to saying my prayers regularly. Instead of watching the clock, I'm running at the mouth because I have so much to say...so much to catch up on. I want to let God know what's going on in my life. But it is a little different. He is all knowing and all-powerful.
But I want to challenge myself to come to God with that fresh perspective where the only thing that matters is not falling asleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice

Charreah said...

man, so very true sheema. And I use to be there but my back has been sliding a lil. That post was really a 'good conversation' with God. Now you making me look bad:)