Thursday, June 08, 2006

Life Between Jobs

I read an article today about young people quitting their jobs to take extensive time off for travel.

I think that notion of starting and stopping all over again is GREAT! I mean think about it: most jobs give about two weeks vacations at best. So what's a girl like me to do?

I hate feeling chained to my desk for weeks and months at a time without a complete and total getaway. I'm not talking a long weekend here or there or a few days off. I'm talking a full-blown-take-all-the-money-you-can-save-in-a-year excursion and just go anywhere. (That's a helluva modifier!)

That thought is sooo empowering!

Also, there were e-mails going around today from HU about a big trip to Ghana. That is so right up my alley. The problem: I'll be in school and I know I won't have the dough for that. However, it is my intention to fully take advantage of a similar opportunity. That would be nothing short of spectacular.

No comments: