Thursday, November 02, 2006

I found my "Shero"

I have always believed that God brings people into your life for a reason. Many times, it's not obvious. But I am thankful for that.

The latest person in my life shares my love and passion for writing. She is accomplished, well-read and respected. She's been places that I've dreamed of. She handles huge responsibilities with grace. Her latest challenge, however, has come in the form of cancer. While I believe she will be a survivor, it does hit close to home. (Non-smoker, no family history...How does this happen?)

It certainly makes me want to do a lot of things: I've got to write more. I have to write my book(s). I have to dream big and accomplish my goals. And more importantly, I have to take care of my body even if it means giving up some personal comfort in the process. I can't afford to let myself get out of important tests because I'm scared. In many cases, early detection is KEY. Plus, I don't know how long God wants me to live.

Most important lesson of the day: Don't delay having any annual exams!

No comments: