Tuesday, July 24, 2007

RStheGr8: Out of sight?

I haven't been snacking lately. It's not because I'm trying to lose weight. It's not because I don't have any snacks around. It's because the snacks are "out of sight, out of mind". I literally have this issue with everything but it's most annoying when it comes to food. At work, I keep a drawer full of snacks. At home, I have the equivalent. The problem is that I can't see them. I need a reminder to know that they exist. I am even careful about putting things in the refrigerator in a way that allows me to see everything at once. The same goes for the non-perishable items.

This issue is also why I keep my shoes on the floor—instead of under the bed (can't see them under there). It's also why I prefer to lay clothes out on my bed or hang them on the doors of my closet, room or bathroom. I can't tell you how many things I haven't worn simply because I forgot they were there. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have that many clothes. I just can't keep track of them. That was something I've never been good at. Back in middle school, I used to keep a diary with very specific details of my outfit each and every day. I kept this diary for at least 2 years. I remember finding it years later and wondering what I was thinking. But it helped. I would know what I had to wear and when I'd last worn it. It gave me ideas for future outfits.

I forget about movies, music (especially on my vacuum I call my iPod), books, toiletries, dishes. You name it, I forget it.

I wish there was a moral to the story. It just goes to show that I'm going to need see-through everything including refrigerator, cabinets, drawers, etc. For my clothes, a walk-in closet will do. Anything that will help me to keep my things "in sight and in my mind".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man o man....we r really closer than close....we must have the same brains!!! lol (remember that) neways...i was just thinking about how i get dressed...watever i see lying on my bed is what i throw on usually...a dang shame...but at least i only do that when im in a hurry....but neways...this was a hilarious blog and it made it even funnier because i can relate to ALL of it!!!!!!!!!!!!