Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Trip to Asia

It's been an amazing past few days. I've taken a lot of notes and will
share more shortly.

I must talk about last night. We decided to go from dinner to a trendy
bar we'd heard about. Keep in mind that the city of Shanghai is HUGE
and since our group is big we had to take 4 different cabs to get
there. To get there we only had a sheet of paper with Mandarin letters
to give to our taxi driver. That's it. We had NO idea how far it was,
which way we were going, what kind of neighborhood, etc. That was
scary.

However, we got there with no problem. It was just crazy to think that
we had no cell phones and no way of contacting any other member of our
group. But that's how it is for me and most of my group. We don't
speak the language and we don't even know much to get by.

But overall, we've had a chance to see interesting things already.
I'll share more for the journal soon.

No comments: