Tuesday, January 15, 2008

She's On the Money: I heart Mac


Apple announced their newest laptop and you KNOW I want it.

While I realize it would be financially irresponsible to buy a new laptop when (1) I don't need one and (2) I don't have the free cash sitting around, I refuse to let that stop me from dreaming about it.

The idea that a Mac laptop is even more portable is amazing. The idea to do everything wirelessly and without a lot of peripherals is pretty neat and innovative. (Everything they do is innovative...duh.) But I do admit there are some things I'm not too pleased about.

Firstly, the elimination of drives and ports almost forces users to spend more money...either buying from the iTunes store (I will give you my 2 cents on iTunes in another post) or buying extra converters and drives. Also, you almost have to have another computer meaning the MacBook Air cannot be your only computer.

On the other hand, the invention of the time capsule is perfect. You can use it to store files and wirelessly access anything on the computer networks.

Bottomline: I want one. But I'll patiently wait for the improvements that will likely come from a 2G introduction.

Next step: iPhone?!?

No comments: