Sunday, May 21, 2006

Soul Stroll


I am glad that I had the opportunity to participate in the 2006 Soul Stroll at Coyote Point. The weather was misty--not too hot or cold. If it would've been any hotter, I may not have made it. The walk was very enjoyable because I was surrounded by black people and the magnificence of my home/backyard--the Bay Area. Walking along that path, I observed the planes landing and taking off from SFO. I could see the San Mateo Bridge and the skyline of Burlingame and Foster City. I passed by the museum and picnic areas I was forced to visit countless times during middle school. I could also see the Bay Area swamp which was littered with trash and smelled terrible.

But don't think that tarnished my image of the Bay.

I am sooo fortunate to be able to have lived and currently reside in this great area. What other major metropolis boasts of three major cities in such close proximity and easily available for my disposal. I am blessed for that.

No comments: