Monday, July 23, 2007

RSdoesNU: Job Search (Part 1)

So I’m seriously thinking about the job hunt. It’s become a priority in recent days as I approach the end of my residency. I have a list of things that while I’m not sure they go together, I’d like to have as many of them as possible.

Here are some of them (in no particular order):

*Location: preferably the Bay Area
*Travel
*Strategy
*Writing
*Presentations
*Quant.: Exposure to data analysis functions (not necessarily getting my hands dirty; only if I choose to)
*Competitive salary (at least double what I was making before grad school)
*Qualitative analysis
*Research
*Ability to work alone and in teams
*Opportunity to telecommute


I’ve got a long list of companies to consider and I’m constantly looking for more. This list (as it evolves) will hopefully help me to weed out some of those companies.

No comments: