Wednesday, August 08, 2007

One week later...

I'm still humbled by the events of last week. I purposely have avoided talking about it. I had been still trying to process my thoughts. But one week later, I feel stronger. I'm hopeful in God, I'm encouraged by my family and friends and I'm relieved that this tragedy wasn't any worse.

For the past week, I've been virtually engulfed in this event. It's on the news. (I wake up to NPR every morning.) It's evident in my new route home from work. It's evident by the number of helicopters constantly flying overhead. It's apparent by the reduced traffic in my immediate neighborhood—it's simply harder to get there to now. It's obvious by the increased number of ambulances and emergency vehicles in the area. It's all around me.

I take comfort in the fact that I have someone on my side. Someone who was telling me to leave work early and skip the errands that would have taken me across that bridge around the time of the collapse. I am thankful to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: