Monday, November 05, 2007

She's On the Money: Looking to the future

After much anticipation, I'm happy and proud to say that I have a job offer!

With the offer, I've also been presented with lots to think about: Where am I going to live? How much do I want to spend? Do I want to have a roommate? And on and on...

I told my mom about all the places I was considering and how much it would cost to rent and how I was very particular about the amenities I want. She offered a suggestion I was NOT expecting:

Have you considered buying a house?

Wow. It sounds so final and....OLD!

I gave it a lot of thought and it does make sense if not right now to at least consider over the next year or so. It's not like I'll be going back to school anytime soon. I have my car. I'll have a job that I plan on spending a few years at. The most logical next step is buying a place.

At the same time, I'm also reminding myself that I am getting older. But I consider myself fortunate to be able to be in a position to do so. What better way is there for me to build wealth?

No comments: