Tuesday, October 21, 2008

RSthegr8: Simplify...

In my quest to simplify, the following excerpt from Purpose Driven Life struck a chord with me:

The closer you live to God, the smaller everything else appears. Suddenly, many activities, goals, and even problems that seemed so important will appear trivial, petty, and unworthy of your attention.


At church on Sunday, the pastor spoke of being patient. Instead of spending time wishing things get better, focus that energy on thanking and honoring God with what you have.

When it starts to feel like I don't have enough hours in the day, I'm going to start weeding out the activities and problems that take up my time. Think of it as budgeting for the soul and mind. The result: a richer, more purposeful life on Earth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the sermon too...As hardships come my way, sometimes its easy to act like everything is ok, but its even tougher to believe it....Patience, i believe, is the best way..

RSTheGr8 said...

Thanks for your comment!

Here's to patience and endurance. We can do this with God.

Tonia Lassnah said...

Thank You So Much! I needed that today! What a wonderful blog!

Anonymous said...

'Budgeting for the soul and mind! Wonderful concept. I read your Hebrews quote and came to your web-page. Fantastic post! ' Udgeting for the soul and mind is a concept I will use going forward!

Anonymous said...

Now you are getting it. Pray On