Monday, July 09, 2007

RSdoesNU: Rare and great teachers

Have you ever had a special teacher? One who taught you things you may not understand but never gives up. Who knows that really tough lessons take a lifetime to learn.

I’ve had that teacher. Actually, two teachers come to mind. KC from sophomore year in high school and ERB from freshman year in college. Both people helped to shape the writer I am to do. Careful, thoughtful and one who knows how to take compliments as easily as criticism.

I admire them. I wish they could stay perched on my shoulder to offer timely advice and insight on life lessons. I was never great at staying in touch but if I could talk to either of them right now, I would say thank you.

Thank you for the sacrifice you make as being a teacher. Thanks for being patient with me. Thanks for pushing me beyond what I think I can do. Thank you for seeing something in me worth working on.

P.S. The above quote is from Tuesday’s with Morrie—a great book and movie.

No comments: