Tuesday, October 16, 2007

RStheGr8: KFC Experience

The other day, I decided to go to KFC. Having just applied for a job at their parent company, I thought I should at the very least be able to eat their food.

I must admit: I was pleasantly surprised. Granted I have not been to a KFC in years, maybe I just didn't know what I was missing. Maybe it was just this particular suburban location.

Here's the scoop: From the drive-thru, I ordered a chicken meal with two sides: a biscuit and potato wedges. I checked my meal and discovered that I was missing my wedges--really the only reason I wanted KFC in the first place. So I went back inside to get them. The lady who helped me had since gone on break and was enjoying her (KFC) dinner when I walked in. She saw me and immediately asked what was wrong. Not wanting to disturb her I told her that my wedges were missing and proceeded to walk to the counter. Instead, she abandoned her meal to help me. I'm glad she did because there was a long line. I got my wedges in minutes. Each person who helped me during that experience did it with a smile and said "have a nice day". I was really impressed.

Maybe it was just a coincidence but I'm convinced it's at the heart of the company. It just really may be a great place to work: both in the stores and in corporate HQs.

1 comment:

SDT said...

you should come to my kfc here in philly.